Tuesday 14 July 2009

Nectar with R in Soho; London Pride afterpartying

Two weeks ago I met my sarcastic new friend R again, who when evening came turned out to be very eager to help me explore my other interests.

In my first trip to Soho in a long time, we visited several drinkeries, soaking up the joyful atmosphere left by the Pride celebrations.

We first ran into each other in May during one of my infrequent visits to Gaydar. He was cooking dinner at the time. I liked that. People on that site so often forget to be ordinary.

After a few chats, we decided to meet at a cafe on Old Compton Street.

I give him a call, as I haven't seen his picture, but he's seen mine. After a few seconds of us both saying we're there, it turns out he's standing on other side of the lamppost next to me :)

He comes up and says hi, and far from my expectation of someone who doesn't give out a picture online, he's good looking. Very good looking :) He seems cheerful as he gestures inside.

We talk, a little shyly at first, but after he suggests we move onto the couch and we sit nearer to each other, we relax and actually stay talking for a couple of hours. We're watched a little too closely by a stocky middle-aged man who sits at our table and stares up at us as he sips from his cup, but we just find that mildly amusing.

R's had an interesting life, and his a love of film and theatre gives us plenty to talk about.

We part as he heads off to meet a friend, and on the way to the tube I pass Jason Donovan gurning for the cameras on the corner. That has to be a good omen.

We chatted online later and both of us said we liked meeting, and our discussion then took a pleasantly salacious turn as we considered meeting again.

So a couple of weeks later, we set up another meeting at the same place. I didn't know until just before we met, but it was the day of London Pride. So that explained the steel barriers going up everywhere, and the fact that everyone in town that morning seemed to be moving towards the West End.

By the time we meet, the main event seems to be over, but gay Soho's pubs are spilling out into the sunlit streets. In fact, in places they're busier in the streets than inside, with the crowds so thick that crossing the street takes an age.

I say I'll just get a water to cool myself down, and R gets a bottle too. We go for a wander through the noisy little events still going on, including the Cheeky Girls performing their usual song in Leicester square.

R takes me to The Green Carnation, as well as my former regular, Village, and after I've gotten into that old Soho spirit by swallowing several measures of it, we decide to walk back to R's. It's an area I'm not familiar with and still quite a warm day, so it's nice to stroll through a new part of town.

When we get there, R pours us some wine and we sip it on the balcony. By now I can't wait to get my hands on him, but he doesn't stand still long enough :) Perhaps the breeze is a little cool or perhaps he's a little shy. So I follow him back inside and sit impatiently in a loveseat while he fiddles in the kitchen. He sits down next to me. We kiss.

After a minute, we relocate upstairs. We stay there for hours :) I take more of a... I suppose you could say, submissive, role than I'm used to, but it suits me fine as I do rather live by the the slogan at the top of the page. It feels so relaxed, quite different to the more frantic pace of the one-nighter.

Afterwards, we cuddle and chat about how nice it is to meet someone similar and about what we're going to be doing next week. I don't know about R, but At the top of my mind next week will be whether I can get a rematch ;)


Image: paul-in-london

1 comment:

  1. ah i was there with my gays that day too darling, big love to you xx http://thediaryofalondonfaghag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete